Summary Physical Metallurgical Engineer near Sherbrooke (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a physical metallurgical engineer. The following information is applicable to all Metallurgical and materials engineers (NOC 2142).
Metallurgical and materials engineers conduct studies of the properties and characteristics of metals and other non-metallic materials and plan, design and develop machinery and processes to concentrate, extract, refine and process metals, alloys and other materials such as ceramics, semiconductors and composite materials. They are employed in consulting engineering firms, mining, metal processing and manufacturing companies, and in government, research and educational institutions.
University education usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Québec
- Co-ordinate production testing and control of metal refining, smelting or foundry operations
- Conduct chemical and physical analytical studies, failure analyses and operational testing, and recommend materials and corrosion control measures
- Design, develop and specify processes for moulding, forming and thermal treatment of metals, alloys, ceramics and other materials
- Conduct studies on the properties of materials and characteristics of materials
- Conduct studies and develop processes and machinery to concentrate, extract and refine metals from ores
- Date modified: