Summary Physical Metallurgical Engineer near Longueuil (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a physical metallurgical engineer. The following information is applicable to all Metallurgical and materials engineers (NOC 2142).
Metallurgical and materials engineers conduct studies of the properties and characteristics of metals and other non-metallic materials and plan, design and develop machinery and processes to concentrate, extract, refine and process metals, alloys and other materials such as ceramics, semiconductors and composite materials. They are employed in consulting engineering firms, mining, metal processing and manufacturing companies, and in government, research and educational institutions.
University education usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Longueuil (QC)
- Conduct studies and develop processes and machinery to concentrate, extract and refine metals from ores
- Supervise technologists, technicians and other engineers and scientists
- Conduct studies on the properties of materials and characteristics of materials
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Design, develop and specify processes for moulding, forming and thermal treatment of metals, alloys, ceramics and other materials
- Date modified: