Summary Web Designer near Calgary (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "Web designer" was moved from the group Web designers and developers (NOC 2175) to the group Web designers (NOC 21233).
Find key facts and figures about working as a Web designer. The following information is applicable to all Web designers (NOC 21233).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Web designers develop and create the visual presentation, layout and functionality of the Web sites and related applications. They are responsible for ensuring that the Web site is easy to use, and that the information is easy to access. Web designers are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, advertising agencies or they may be self-employed.
Learn more about Web designer
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Calgary Region
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Calgary (AB)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Consult with clients to develop and document Website requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Website architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Website
- Create and optimize content for Website using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: