Summary Corporate Webmaster near Calgary (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a corporate Webmaster. The following information is applicable to all Web developers and programmers (NOC 21234).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Web developers and programmers use a variety of programming languages to design, create and modify Web sites. They analyze users’ needs to implement content, graphics, performance, and Web site capacity. They may also integrate Web sites with other computer applications. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, advertising agencies or they may be self-employed.
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
Median wage in the Calgary Region
advertised near Calgary (AB)
- Consult with clients to develop and document Website requirements
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Website architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Website
- Create and optimize content for Website using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Date modified: