Summary Conservation Technician - Forestry near Prince George (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a conservation technician - forestry. The following information is applicable to all Forestry technologists and technicians (NOC 2223).
Forestry technologists and technicians may work independently or perform technical and supervisory functions in support of forestry research, forest management, forest harvesting, forest resource conservation and environmental protection. They are employed by the forest industry sector, provincial and federal governments, consulting firms, and other industries and institutions, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Cariboo Region
The job prospects are limited in the Cariboo Region
advertised near Prince George (BC)
- Conduct and supervise forest inventory cruises, surveys and field measurement
- Perform technical functions in preparation of forest management and harvest plan
- Assist in planning and supervise construction of access routes and forest roads
- Implement, supervise and perform technical functions in silvicultural operation
- Monitor activities of logging companies and contractors
- Date modified: