Summary Engineering Regulatory Officer in Nunavut
Find key facts and figures about working as an engineering regulatory officer. The following information is applicable to all Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers (NOC 2262).
Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers inspect transportation vehicles such as aircraft, watercraft, automobiles and trucks and weighing and measuring devices such as scales and meters as well as industrial instruments, processes and equipment for conformity to government and industry standards and regulations. They are employed by government agencies and in the private sector.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Nunavut
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Conduct inspections of establishments and individuals holding or applying for air carrier operating certificates and establishments engaged in aircraft maintenance, repair or modification
- Inspect aircraft, advise of any deficiencies and detain aircraft suspected of being unairworthy or unsafe
- Conduct inspections and tests of a variety of mechanical and electronic weighing and measuring devices and systems
- Recommend improvements in inspection, licensing and safety standards
- Provide expert advice and testimony
- Date modified: