Summary Air Pilot And Flight Engineer Supervisor near London (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an air pilot and flight engineer supervisor. The following information is applicable to all Air pilots, flight engineers and flying instructors (NOC 2271).
Air pilots fly fixed wing aircraft and helicopters to provide air transportation and other services such as crop spraying and aerial surveying. Flight engineers assist air pilots with monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of aircraft systems and with pre- and post-flight inspections. Flying instructors teach flying techniques and procedures to student and licensed pilots. Air pilots, flight engineers and flight instructors are employed by airline and air freight companies, flying schools and by other public and private sector aircraft operators.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are fair in the London Region
advertised near London (ON)
- Perform post-flight inspections, record equipment malfunctions and corrective actions taken during flight and report required repairs to ground maintenance personnel
- Make in-flight repairs, such as replacing fuses and adjusting instruments, and follow emergency procedures to compensate for equipment malfunction or failure
- Monitor operation of engine and aircraft systems during flight
- Train licenced pilots for additional certification
- Instruct student pilots in procedures and techniques of flying aircraft and in ground-school subjects such as navigation, radio procedures and flying regulations
- Date modified: