Summary Physical Rehabilitation Therapist in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a physical rehabilitation therapist. The following information is applicable to all Physiotherapists (NOC 3142).
Physiotherapists assess patients and plan and carry out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning and mobility, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. They are employed in hospitals, clinics, industry, sports organizations, rehabilitation centres and extended care facilities, or they may work in private practice.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Assess patients' physical abilities
- Administer evaluative tests and procedures
- Plan physiotherapy programs
- Select appropriate exercises, apparatus and manipulations
- Maintain clinical and progress reports
- Date modified: