Summary Nursing Services Co-ordinator in Newfoundland and Labrador
Find key facts and figures about working as a nursing services co-ordinator. The following information is applicable to all Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors (NOC 3011).
Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors co-ordinate and supervise the activities of registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses, licensed practical nurses and other nursing personnel in the provision of patient care. They are employed in health care institutions such as hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, and in nursing agencies.
University education usually required
Median wage in Newfoundland and Labrador
The job prospects are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador
advertised in Canada
- Set up and co-ordinate nursing services in conjunction with other health services
- Supervise registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and other nursing personnel
- Assist in the selection, evaluation and professional development of personnel
- Assist in the establishment of unit policies and procedures
- Ensure that quality nursing care is provided and that appropriate administrative procedures are followed
- Date modified: