Summary Medical Radiation Technologist in Alberta
Find key facts and figures about working as a medical radiation technologist. The following information is applicable to all Medical radiation technologists (NOC 3215).
Medical radiation technologists operate radiographic and radiation therapy equipment to administer radiation treatment and produce images of body structures for the diagnosis and treatment of injury and disease. They are employed in hospitals, cancer treatment centres, clinics, radiological laboratories, colleges and universities. Medical radiation technologists who are supervisors or instructors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects are good in Alberta
advertised in Alberta
- Operate X-ray, radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment, computerized tomography (CT) scanners, mammography units and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners
- Operate radiation therapy equipment
- Perform scheduled maintenance and minor repairs on equipment
- Prepare and administer radiopharmaceuticals materials to patients or to biological samples
- Assist radiation oncologists and clinical physicists with preparation of radiation treatment plan
- Date modified: