Summary Fish Plant Worker near Windsor (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a fish plant worker. The following information is applicable to all Fish and seafood plant workers (NOC 9463).
Fish and seafood plant workers set up and operate machinery to process and package fish and seafood products. Fish and seafood plant cutters and cleaners cut, trim and clean fish or seafood by hand. They are employed in fish and seafood processing plants.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job outlook varies across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Ontario
- Cut, clean and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing
- Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife
- Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing
- Disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans preparatory to canning or further processing
- Set up and operate machines to can, bag, box or otherwise package fish and seafood products
- Date modified: