Summary Binding And Finishing Machine Operator near Laval (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a binding and finishing machine operator. The following information is applicable to all Binding and finishing machine operators (NOC 9473).
Binding and finishing machine operators set up, operate or oversee the operation of machines, equipment or computerized units that bind and finish printed material. Workers who perform finishing operations in the paper, carton and packaging industries, as well as those who encode and stamp plastic cards, are included in this unit group. They are employed by binderies, commercial printing companies, newspapers, magazines, and other publishing companies, and establishments in both the public and private sectors that have in-house printing, binding and finishing departments.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects are fair in Québec
advertised near Laval (QC)
- Set up and operate various specialized binding equipment and machines
- Set up and operate various specialized finishing equipment and machines
- Operate automatic and semi-automatic equipment and machines to bind or finish print material according to specifications
- Pack, weigh and stack bound and finished products on pallet for shipment
- Perform pre-production runs of binding or finishing jobs to verify output and to ensure that product specifications are met
- Date modified: