Summary Spiral Binding Machine Operator - Printing near Waterloo (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a spiral binding machine operator - printing. The following information is applicable to all Binding and finishing machine operators (NOC 94152).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Binding and finishing machine operators set up, operate or oversee the operation of machines, equipment or computerized units that bind and finish printed material. Workers who perform finishing operations in the paper, carton and packaging industries, as well as those who encode and stamp plastic cards, are included in this unit group. They are employed by binderies, commercial printing companies, newspapers, magazines, and other publishing companies, and establishments in both the public and private sectors that have in-house printing, binding and finishing departments.
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
Median wage in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
The job prospects are limited in Ontario
advertised in Ontario
- Set up and operate various specialized binding equipment and machines
- Set up and operate various specialized finishing equipment and machines
- Repair and rebind damaged or worn books
- Operate automatic and semi-automatic equipment and machines to bind or finish print material according to specifications
- Pack, weigh and stack bound and finished products on pallet for shipment
- Date modified: