Summary Electrostatic Painting Machine Set-up Operator near Edmonton (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as an electrostatic painting machine set-up operator. The following information is applicable to all Industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators (NOC 9536).
Industrial painters and coaters operate and tend machines or use brushes and spray equipment to apply paint, enamel, lacquer or other non-metallic protective and decorative coatings to surfaces of various products. Metal finishing process operators operate machines or equipment to deposit metallized substances on workpieces and surfaces to provide decorative, protective and restorative coatings. These workers are employed by manufacturing companies and custom refinishing, coating and plating shops.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects are fair in the Edmonton Region
advertised near Edmonton (AB)
- Operate and control: electroplating equipment to coat metal, hot-dip metal plating equipment to galvanize metal and/or spray equipment to build up worn or damaged parts
- Tend automatic metal coating machines which convey objects through a series of cleaning, rinsing and plating solutions
- Check proper thickness of plating using micrometers, callipers or other devices
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Prepare and mix metallizing solutions according to formulas or specifications
- Date modified: