Summary Woodworking Machine Operator near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a woodworking machine operator. The following information is applicable to all Woodworking machine operators (NOC 94124).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Woodworking machine operators set up, program and operate one or more woodworking machines to fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures or other wood products. They are employed in furniture, fixture and other wood products manufacturing establishments.
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Set up, program and operate one or more computerized or manual woodworking machines
- Fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures and other wood products
- Operate gluing machines to glue pieces or wood together or press and affix wood veneer to wood surfaces
- Operate preset special purpose woodworking machines to fabricate wood products
- Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions
- Date modified: