Summary Woodworking Machine Operator near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a woodworking machine operator. The following information is applicable to all Woodworking machine operators (NOC 94124).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Woodworking machine operators set up, program and operate one or more woodworking machines to fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures or other wood products. They are employed in furniture, fixture and other wood products manufacturing establishments.
Learn more about woodworking machine operator
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
View wages about Wages
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Set up, program and operate one or more computerized or manual woodworking machines
- Fabricate or repair wooden parts for furniture, fixtures and other wood products
- Operate gluing machines to glue pieces or wood together or press and affix wood veneer to wood surfaces
- Operate preset special purpose woodworking machines to fabricate wood products
- Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: