Summary Quality Control Chemist in Prince Edward Island
Find key facts and figures about working as a quality control chemist. The following information is applicable to all Chemists (NOC 2112).
Chemists conduct research and analysis in support of industrial operations, product and process development, quality control, environmental control, medical diagnosis and treatment, biotechnology, nanotechnology and other applications. They also conduct theoretical, experimental and applied research into basic chemical and biochemical processes to create or synthesize new products and processes. They are employed in research, development and quality control laboratories; chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries; mineral, metal and pulp and paper industries; and a wide variety of manufacturing, utility, health, educational and government establishments.
University education usually required
Median wage in Prince Edward Island
The job prospects are good in Prince Edward Island
advertised in Canada
- Analyze, synthesize, purify, modify and characterize chemical or biochemical compounds
- Investigate chemical aspects of the mechanisms of drug action, the diagnosis and treatment of disease and the organ function
- Conduct programs to identify and quantify environmental toxicants
- Conduct research into the synthesis and properties of chemical compounds and the mechanisms of chemical reactions
- Conduct research to discover, develop, refine and evaluate new products such as those used in nanomedicine, nanoelectronics and other applications of chemistry
- Date modified: