Summary Filter Operator - Petroleum, Gas And Chemical Processing near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a filter operator - petroleum, gas and chemical processing. The following information is applicable to all Central control and process operators, petroleum, gas and chemical processing (NOC 9232).
Central control and process operators in petroleum, gas and chemical processing monitor and operate petroleum, petrochemical and chemical plants and monitor, adjust and maintain processing units and equipment in these plants. They are employed by petroleum and natural gas processing, pipeline and petrochemical companies and industrial, agricultural and specialty chemical and pharmaceutical companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Operate electronic or computerized control panel from a central control room
- Monitor and optimize physical and chemical process for several processing units
- Control process start-up, shut-down and troubleshooting
- Monitor outside process equipment
- Adjust equipment, valves, pumps and controls and process equipment
- Date modified: