Summary Construction Electrician Apprentice in Ontario
Find key facts and figures about working as a construction electrician apprentice. The following information is applicable to all Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241).
Electricians (except industrial and power system) lay out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of buildings and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are fair in Ontario
advertised in Ontario
- Install underground wiring and cables
- Install, replace and repair electrical controls and panel boxes
- Splice, join and connect wires
- Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults
- Date modified: