Summary Construction Electrician Apprentice in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a construction electrician apprentice. The following information is applicable to all Electricians (except industrial and power system) (NOC 7241).
Electricians (except industrial and power system) lay out, assemble, install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in buildings and other structures. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of buildings and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
The job prospects are fair in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
advertised in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs
- Renovate electrical systems in residential and commercial structures
- Ground and bond electrical equipment, systems and structures including swimming pools and hot tubs
- Install power generation, stand-by power generation and power conditioning systems
- Date modified: