Summary Switch Network Installer And Repairer - Telecommunications near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a switch network installer and repairer - telecommunications. The following information is applicable to all Telecommunications installation and repair workers (NOC 7246).
Telecommunications installation and repair workers install, test, maintain and repair telephones, telephone switching equipment and telecommunications equipment related to transmission and processing of voice, video signals and other data over a variety of media including fibre optics, microwave, radio and satellite. They are employed by telephone and other telecommunications transmission services establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job outlook is good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Test installed telephone systems to locate transmission faults
- Repair or replace defective telephone equipment
- Install, arrange, remove and maintain telephone equipment, wiring and associated hardware
- Inspect and test trunking systems
- Analyze test results and adjust, change or repair switching system, network, associated equipment and software
- Date modified: