Summary Floor Covering Installer near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a floor covering installer. The following information is applicable to all Floor covering installers (NOC 7295).
Floor covering installers install carpet, wood, linoleum, vinyl and other resilient floor coverings in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings. They are employed by construction companies, floor-covering contractors and carpet outlets, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Prepare flooring plans and scheduling
- Measure, cut and install carpeting on floors
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Date modified: