Summary Process Operator - Primary Metal And Mineral Products Processing near Ottawa (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a process operator - primary metal and mineral products processing. The following information is applicable to all Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing (NOC 9231).
Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing, operate and monitor multi-function process control machinery and equipment to control the processing of mineral ores, metals or cement. They are employed in mineral ore and metal processing plants such as copper, lead and zinc refineries, uranium processing plants, steel mills, aluminum plants, precious metal refineries and cement processing plants.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are fair in Ontario
advertised in Ontario
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start-up and shut-down systems
- Date modified: