Summary Analyst, Computer Simulations near Calgary (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "analyst, computer simulations" was moved from the group Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) to the group Information systems specialists (NOC 21222).
Find key facts and figures about working as an analyst, computer simulations. The following information is applicable to all Information systems specialists (NOC 21222).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Information systems specialists analyze, test and assess systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
Median wage in the Calgary Region
advertised near Calgary (AB)
- Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
- Conduct business and technical studies
- Design, develop and implement information systems business solutions
- Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management and service delivery
- Assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware
- Date modified: