Summary Software Development Programmer near Montréal (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a software development programmer. The following information is applicable to all Software developers and programmers (NOC 21232).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Software developers and programmers design, write, and test code for new systems and software to ensure efficiency. They create the foundations for operative systems and run diagnostic programs to certify effectiveness. They are employed in computer software, computer and video game development firms, information technology consulting firms, and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
Median wage in the Montréal Region
advertised near Montréal (QC)
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code
- Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements
- Date modified: