Summary Counsellor For Persons Who Are Intellectually Impaired near Winnipeg (MB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a counsellor for persons who are intellectually impaired. The following information is applicable to all Family, marriage and other related counsellors (NOC 4153).
Family, marriage and other related counsellors assist individuals and groups of clients to identify, understand and overcome personal problems and achieve personal objectives. They are employed by counselling centres, social service agencies, group homes, government agencies, family therapy centres, and health care and rehabilitation facilities, or they may work in private practice.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Winnipeg Region
The job prospects are good in the Winnipeg Region
advertised in Manitoba
- Provide public education and consultation to other professionals or groups regarding counselling services, issues and methods
- Conduct research, publish research papers, educational texts and articles
- Provide expert witness testimony in court proceedings
- Liaise with community agencies or partners, and identify additional or alternative services and provide referrals
- Identify additional/alternative services and provide referrals
- Date modified: