Summary Human Relations Officer - Family And Children's Services in the Laurentides Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a human relations officer - family and children's services. The following information is applicable to all Therapists in counselling and related specialized therapies (NOC 41301).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Therapists in counselling and related specialized therapies assist individuals and groups of clients to identify, understand and overcome personal problems and achieve personal objectives. They can be specialized to work on specific problems and they may practice psychotherapy. They are employed by counselling centres, social service agencies, group homes, government agencies, family therapy centres, and educational, health care and rehabilitation facilities, or they may work in private practice.
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
Median wage in the Laurentides Region
advertised in the Laurentides Region
- Interview clients, prepare case histories and assess problems
- Supervise other counsellors, social service staff and assistants
- Develop and implement counselling and intervention programs to assist clients in determining goals and means of attaining them
- Counsel clients, provide therapy and mediation services, and facilitate group sessions
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Date modified: