Summary Naturopathic Doctor (ND) near Kentville (NS)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "naturopathic doctor (ND)" was moved from the group Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (NOC 3125) to the group Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (NOC 31209).
Find key facts and figures about working as a naturopathic doctor (ND). The following information is applicable to all Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating (NOC 31209).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating, who are not elsewhere classified, diagnose and treat the diseases and injuries of patients. This unit group includes doctors of podiatric medicine, naturopathic medicine, and osteopathic medicine, and also includes chiropodists and podiatrists. They work in private practices, clinics and hospitals.
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
Median wage in Nova Scotia
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Nova Scotia
- Diagnose disorders and injuries of the musculo-skeletal, circulatory and nervous systems
- Prescribe treatment such as eye exercises or patching regimens
- Treat patients with manipulative therapy, medications or surgery
- Work alongside ophthalmologists in the diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders by performing specialized eye tests to measure and assess defective binocular vision or abnormal eye movement in patients
- Diagnose diseases, deformities and injuries of the human foot and communicate diagnoses to patients
- Date modified: