Summary Orthodontic Dental Technician in the Calgary Region
Find key facts and figures about working as an orthodontic dental technician. The following information is applicable to all Dental technologists and technicians (NOC 32112).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Dental technologists and technicians design, prepare and fabricate dentures and dental devices as prescribed by dentists and other specialists. They are employed in dental laboratories. Dental technologists and technicians who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in the Calgary Region
The job prospects are fair in the Calgary Region
advertised in the Calgary Region
- Prepare plaster models and moulds
- Train and supervise other dental technicians or dental laboratory assistants
- Cast gold or metal alloys for bridges and denture bases
- Perform administrative functions for the dental laboratory
- Design, fabricate or repair dental devices
- Date modified: