Summary Laser Beam Machine-welder Operator near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a laser beam machine-welder operator. The following information is applicable to all Welders and related machine operators (NOC 7237).
Welders operate welding equipment to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals. This unit group also includes machine operators who operate previously set up production welding, brazing and soldering equipment. They are employed by companies that manufacture structural steel and platework, boilers, heavy machinery, aircraft and ships and other metal products, and by welding contractors and welding shops, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Date modified: