Summary Laser Beam Machine-welder Operator in Ontario
Find key facts and figures about working as a laser beam machine-welder operator. The following information is applicable to all Welders and related machine operators (NOC 7237).
Welders operate welding equipment to weld ferrous and non-ferrous metals. This unit group also includes machine operators who operate previously set up production welding, brazing and soldering equipment. They are employed by companies that manufacture structural steel and platework, boilers, heavy machinery, aircraft and ships and other metal products, and by welding contractors and welding shops, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are fair in Ontario
advertised in Ontario
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines
- Fit, braze and torch-straighten metal
- Date modified: