Summary Labourer - Metal Fabrication near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a labourer - metal fabrication. The following information is applicable to all Labourers in metal fabrication (NOC 95101).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Labourers in metal fabrication remove excess metal and unwanted materials from metal parts, castings and other metal products and perform other labouring activities. They are employed in structural steel, boiler and platework fabrication plants, heavy machinery manufacturing plants, sheet metal fabrication shops, shipbuilding and other metal products manufacturing companies.
Learn more about labourer - metal fabrication
This occupation usually requires short-term work experience and no formal education.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Toronto Region
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Toronto (ON)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Operate metal cleaning equipment to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other materials from surfaces of metal products
- Immerse metal products in cleaning solutions
- Assist structural steel and platework fitters, sheet metal workers, metal machine operators or other metal workers
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
- Grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: