Summary Labourer - Metal Fabrication near Saanich (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a labourer - metal fabrication. The following information is applicable to all Labourers in metal fabrication (NOC 9612).
Labourers in metal fabrication remove excess metal and unwanted materials from metal parts, castings and other metal products and perform other labouring activities. They are employed in structural steel, boiler and platework fabrication plants, heavy machinery manufacturing plants, sheet metal fabrication shops, shipbuilding and other metal products manufacturing companies.
On-the-job training usually required
Median wage in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The job outlook is fair in British Columbia
advertised near Saanich (BC)
- Operate metal cleaning equipment to remove excess welds, rust, scale and other materials from surfaces of metal products
- Immerse metal products in cleaning solutions
- Assist structural steel and platework fitters, sheet metal workers, metal machine operators or other metal workers
- Sort metal sheets and parts, scrap metal and other materials
- Grind or chip excess metal from metal products using hand tools
- Date modified: