Summary Medical Doctor in the Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a medical doctor. The following information is applicable to all General practitioners and family physicians (NOC 3112).
General practitioners and family physicians diagnose and treat the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients. They provide primary contact and continuous care toward the management of patients' health. They usually work in private practice, including group or team practices, hospitals and clinics. Residents in training to be general practitioners or family physicians are included in this unit group.
University education usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are good in the Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region
advertised in the Hamilton–Niagara Peninsula Region
- Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' physical and mental health
- Prescribe and administer medications and treatments
- Perform and assist in routine surgery
- Inoculate and vaccinate patients to prevent and treat diseases
- Date modified: