Summary Academic Counsellor in Nunavut
Find key facts and figures about working as an academic counsellor. The following information is applicable to all Educational counsellors (NOC 4033).
Educational counsellors advise current and prospective students on educational issues, career planning and personal development, and co-ordinate the provision of counselling services to students, parents, teachers, faculty and staff. They are employed by school boards and post-secondary educational institutions.
University education usually required
Median wage in Nunavut
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Prepare and deliver presentations at conferences, workshops and symposia
- Visit colleges and secondary schools to provide academic information to prospective students, their parents and educational institutions
- Supervise field experience for graduate students in clinical and counselling areas
- Supervise peer counselling programs
- Arrange for recruitment of graduating students by employers
- Date modified: