Summary Computer Network Technician in Nova Scotia
Find key facts and figures about working as a computer network technician. The following information is applicable to all Computer network technicians (NOC 2281).
Computer network technicians establish, operate, maintain and co-ordinate the use of local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs), mainframe networks, hardware, software and related computer equipment. They set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance. They are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors. Supervisors of computer network technicians are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Nova Scotia
The job prospects are good in Nova Scotia
advertised in Nova Scotia
- Supervise technical staff
- Perform Web-server backup and recovery operations
- Respond to requests for help and information from Website visitors and Website designers
- Research and apply meta-data to Websites and register Websites with search engines
- Modify Web pages, applets and scripts
- Date modified: