Summary Advanced Life Support Paramedic near Kingston (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an advanced life support paramedic. The following information is applicable to all Paramedical occupations (NOC 32102).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Workers in paramedical occupations administer pre-hospital emergency medical care to patients with injuries or medical illnesses and transport them to hospitals or other medical facilities for further medical care. They are employed by private ambulance services, hospitals, fire departments, government departments and agencies, manufacturing firms, mining companies and other private sector establishments. Paramedics who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in the Kingston–Pembroke Region
advertised in Ontario
- Assess extent of injuries or illness of trauma victims to determine emergency medical treatment
- Train and supervise other ambulance attendants or emergency technicians and attendants
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care
- Administer medications and provide advanced emergency treatments to patients
- Transport patients to hospital or other medical facility for further medical care
- Date modified: