Summary Advanced Life Support Paramedic in the Avalon Peninsula Region
Find key facts and figures about working as an advanced life support paramedic. The following information is applicable to all Paramedical occupations (NOC 3234).
Workers in paramedical occupations administer pre-hospital emergency medical care to patients with injuries or medical illnesses and transport them to hospitals or other medical facilities for further medical care. They are employed by private ambulance services, hospitals, fire departments, government departments and agencies, manufacturing firms, mining companies and other private sector establishments. Paramedics who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Avalon Peninsula Region
The job prospects are fair in the Avalon Peninsula Region
advertised in the Avalon Peninsula Region
- Assess extent of injuries or illness of trauma victims to determine emergency medical treatment
- Administer pre-hospital emergency care
- Administer medications and provide advanced emergency treatments to patients
- Transport patients to hospital or other medical facility for further medical care
- Document and record nature of injuries and treatment provided
- Date modified: