Summary Home Child Care Provider near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a home child care provider. The following information is applicable to all Home child care providers (NOC 4411).
Home child care providers care for children on an ongoing or short-term basis. They care for the well-being and physical and social development of children, assist parents with child care and may assist with household duties. They provide care primarily in their own homes or in the children's homes, where they may also reside. They are employed by private households and child-care agencies, or they may be self-employed.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are limited in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
- Date modified: