Summary Home Child Care Provider in the Outaouais Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a home child care provider. The following information is applicable to all Home child care providers (NOC 4411).
Home child care providers care for children on an ongoing or short-term basis. They care for the well-being and physical and social development of children, assist parents with child care and may assist with household duties. They provide care primarily in their own homes or in the children's homes, where they may also reside. They are employed by private households and child-care agencies, or they may be self-employed.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects are good in the Outaouais Region
advertised in the Outaouais Region
- Help children with homework
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Date modified: