Summary Electroneurodiagnostic (END) Technologist in Saskatchewan
Find key facts and figures about working as an electroneurodiagnostic (END) technologist. The following information is applicable to all Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, n.e.c. (NOC 3217).
Cardiology technologists operate electrocardiogram equipment and use medical imaging technologies to record cardiac activity of patients to aid in the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of heart disease. Electrophysiological diagnostic technologists, not elsewhere classified, operate electroencephalographic, electromyographic and other electrophysiological diagnostic equipment to assist physicians in diagnosing diseases, injuries and abnormalities. Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists who are supervisors or instructors are included in this unit group. They are employed in clinics, hospitals and medical laboratories.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Saskatchewan
The job outlook varies across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Review patient's case history and assess nature of problem to determine procedures and tests required
- Operate electromyography and diagnostic equipment
- Prepare recordings and reports of findings for physicians
- Take notes on the recorded graph to identify interference
- Perform cardiovascular procedures and tests
- Date modified: