Summary Registered Animal Health Technologist near Yellowknife (NT)
Find key facts and figures about working as a registered animal health technologist. The following information is applicable to all Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians (NOC 3213).
Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians provide technical support to veterinarians by caring for animals and assisting in the diagnosis and treatment of animal health disorders. They are employed in veterinary clinics, animal hospitals, animal shelters, humane societies, zoos, animal research laboratories, pharmaceutical companies and government. Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Northwest Territories
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Yellowknife (NT)
- Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
- Assist veterinarian before, during and after surgery
- Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under direction of veterinarian
- Administer treatments as prescribed by veterinarian
- Conduct specialized procedures on animals such as animal identification and hoof trimming
- Date modified: