Summary Bending Machine Operator - Metal Forging near Whitehorse (YT)
Find key facts and figures about working as a bending machine operator - metal forging. The following information is applicable to all Metalworking and forging machine operators (NOC 9416).
Light metalworking machine operators operate metalworking machines which shape and form sheet or other light metal into parts or products. Heavy metalworking machine operators operate metalworking machines which shape and form steel or other heavy metal into parts or products. Forging machine operators operate forging machines to form and shape metal into various shapes and sizes and impart desired strength, hardness or other characteristics. Light metalworking machine operators are employed by sheet metal products manufacturing companies, sheet metal shops and other light metal products manufacturing establishments. Heavy metalworking machine operators are employed by structural steel fabrication, boiler and platework manufacturing companies, heavy machinery manufacturing companies and in
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Yukon
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Yukon
- Operate gas or oil fired furnace to heat metal to proper temperatures prior to forging
- Operate machines or equipment which weld, solder, bolt, screw or rivet metal parts together
- Operate presses or other forging machines to perform hot or cold forging to shape or form metal
- Place metal pieces in furnace
- Position and adjust dies on anvil of forging machinery
- Date modified: