Summary Payroll Administrator near Prince George (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a payroll administrator. The following information is applicable to all Payroll administrators (NOC 1432).
Payroll administrators collect, verify and process payroll information, determine pay and benefit entitlements for employees, maintain accurate payroll records, and provide payroll information within a department, company or other establishment. They are employed by payroll administration companies and by establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Cariboo Region
The job prospects are fair in the Cariboo Region
advertised in British Columbia
- Prepare and verify statements of earnings for employees, indicating gross and net salaries and deductions such as taxes, union dues, garnishments and insurance and pension plans
- Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements
- Prepare monthly statements
- Complete, verify and process forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as pension plans, leaves, share savings, employment and medical insurance
- Inform employees about payroll matters and benefit plans
- Date modified: