Summary Domestic Animal Scientist near Calgary (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a domestic animal scientist. The following information is applicable to all Biologists and related scientists (NOC 21110).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Biologists and related scientists conduct basic and applied research to extend knowledge of living organisms, to manage natural resources, and to develop new practices and products related to medicine and agriculture. They are employed in both laboratory and field settings by governments, environmental consulting companies, resource and utilities companies, chemical, pharmaceutical, biotechnical companies, hospitals and health, research and educational institutions.
This occupation usually requires a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate).
Median wage in the Calgary Region
advertised near Calgary (AB)
- Conduct biostatistical data analysis using computer modelling techniques
- Participate in the commercialization of new products
- Supervise biological technologists and technicians and other scientists
- Conduct ecological and environmental impact studies and prepare reports
- Conduct experiments in plant or animal growth, heredity and breeding
- Date modified: