Summary Domestic Animal Scientist near Saskatoon (SK)
Find key facts and figures about working as a domestic animal scientist. The following information is applicable to all Biologists and related scientists (NOC 2121).
Biologists and related scientists conduct basic and applied research to extend knowledge of living organisms, to manage natural resources, and to develop new practices and products related to medicine and agriculture. They are employed in both laboratory and field settings by governments, environmental consulting companies, resource and utilities companies, chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnical companies and health and educational institutions.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Saskatoon–Biggar Region
The job outlook is good in the Saskatoon–Biggar Region
advertised near Saskatoon (SK)
- Conduct ecological and environmental impact studies and prepare reports
- Conduct experiments in plant or animal growth, heredity and breeding
- Plan and conduct studies of the environment, and of the population, distribution, structure and functional characteristics and behaviour of plants and animals
- Prepare reports and plans for management of renewable resources
- Study, identify and classify plant and animal specimens
- Date modified: