Summary Technical Research Assistant (except Post-secondary) in the West Coast–Northern Peninsula–Labrador Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a technical research assistant (except post-secondary). The following information is applicable to all Statistical officers and related research support occupations (NOC 1254).
Statistical officers and workers in related research support occupations provide statistical and research support services to a wide range of businesses and organizations. These workers conduct statistical routines, monitor trends, compile data and prepare charts, graphs, summaries and reports in support of organizational information needs and research activities. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors. Statistical officers who are also supervisors are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Newfoundland and Labrador
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Assist in collection and tracking of data from monitored use of services
- Collect, consolidate, cross-tabulate and format data
- Compile tables, charts, graphs and summarized statistics
- Process data to conduct basic analyses of trends
- Prepare technical documents and monitoring reports on volumetrics and other trend analyses
- Date modified: