Summary Records Technician near Québec (QC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "records technician" was moved from the group Records management technicians (NOC 1253) to the group Records management technicians (NOC 12112).
Find key facts and figures about working as a records technician. The following information is applicable to all Records management technicians (NOC 12112).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Records management technicians operate and maintain systems for the collection, classification, retrieval and retention of records, images, documents and information. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
Median wage in the Capitale-Nationale Region
advertised near Québec (QC)
- Classify, code, cross-reference, log and store records
- Compile statistics and reports on activities within records management services
- Develop document inventories and maintain indexes for classification systems
- Implement and update records classification, retention and disposal scheduling plans
- Label, prepare and transfer information files according to established records management life-cycle procedures and schedules
- Date modified: