Summary Records Technician in Ontario
Find key facts and figures about working as a records technician. The following information is applicable to all Records management technicians (NOC 1253).
Records management technicians operate and maintain systems for the collection, classification, retrieval and retention of records, images, documents and information. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are fair in Ontario
advertised in Ontario
- Label, prepare and transfer information files according to established records management life-cycle procedures and schedules
- Implement and update records classification, retention and disposal scheduling plans
- Maintain access lists for security classified records
- Operate information retrieval systems to research and extract records according to established guidelines in response to requests
- Develop document inventories and maintain indexes for classification systems
- Date modified: