Summary Maintenance Of Way Employee - Railway near Edmonton (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a maintenance of way employee - railway. The following information is applicable to all Railway yard and track maintenance workers (NOC 7531).
Railway yard workers regulate yard traffic, couple and uncouple trains and perform related yard activities. Railway track maintenance workers operate machines and equipment to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks. They are employed by railway transport companies.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects are fair in the Edmonton Region
advertised in Alberta
- Clean and make minor repairs to machines and equipment
- Lubricate moving parts of railway cars and locomotives
- Operate car retarders, turntables and track switches
- Shovel ice and snow from track switch boxes
- Switch cars according to instructions
- Date modified: